Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekly Challenge-Gothic Newborn

Happy Monday once again! Thanks to all of the participant for last week's Dead Divas challenge; we were thrilled with the amazing entries! It's so much fun to see all of your perspectives when it comes to these challenges, and once again (as is pretty common with Smeared Ink) we are going to push you out of your comfort zone this week. So, let's move right on to your rules:

*Each Monday morning  a new challenge will be posted. It will contain that week's theme and prize information.

*To participate, you must make a project that fits the theme and add it to the post using the Inlinkz linky. It must be linked by midnight on the following Saturday, Pacific Time. This gives you six days to complete the challenge

*Your project can be anything (card, scrapbook page, altered or 3-d item, etc) as long as it is handmade and stamped somewhere with either a rubber or digital stamp. We have taken into consideration our digital artist fans and will be allowing all-digi projects. Feel free to think outside the box and have fun with your project! We are all about looking at things differently and look forward to the variety of projects and mediums we are sure to see.

*You must use AT LEAST 1 Smeared Ink image on your project. You are allowed to use anything else that you like.

*The weekly winner will be chosen by random number and revealed on Sunday morning. Prizes will vary and may range from a free digi to a coupon to a blog badge.

So let's get to it! Here's this week's info.

The Challenge:

GOTHIC NEWBORN

Yes, it dark. Yes, it's eerie. Yes, it's Gothic Newborn time! Keep it traditional or creep it up, it's up to you, just show us how you represent all those little bundles of joy with a Gothic flair!

The Samples: 

*click for larger views 


Kapree


Paula


Lady Brayton


 Celina



Heather


Jane




The Prize:


Stitchy Doll #1 from Stitchy Situation Digi Set


Remember, be sure to link up by midnight on Saturday to qualify. Then check back on Sunday for the random draw for the winner, and don't forget to include your Smeared Ink image in your project. Hope you have fun!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome Creations by the DT!!! I love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa, fetus in a jar!!! that is just WRONG on soo many levels! To put it on a card for new parents goes beyond poor taste or judgement. I am a fan of goth and Halloween type stuff, but not this. This actually hurts me.

    Being someone who had a 2nd trimester miscarriage, and having my "baby" (a girl) put in a jar, this hurts and really eats at me. I knew it but didn't see it(The baby, in the "lab" jar)--however the old, cold nurse put it right on the nursing station desk, in front of hubby when he was on the phone calling our parents to tell them of the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, thank you for sharing your very personal story with us. We completely understand how this card has hit a nerve, and please know that you have our deepest condolences for the loss that you suffered.

    I must say, that we debated on whether or not to post your comment, both because it is so personal, and because we don't want our artist to feel bashed. Unlike most other groups and forums, we do not censor our artists and encourage their free expression in all of their creations as long as they are lawful. I do not believe that LB had any intention of glorifying miscarriage or abortion, but I can also see how you and others can come to that conclusion.

    As I said before, we almost didn't approve the comment, but who would we be if we offered a space censor-free to our artists but not to the opinions of those who view it? I do hope that despite your opinion on the card and the image that you are able to find some artistic value in it, and thank you for the courage that it has taken to share your very personal situation with us.
    -Terra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been reading whats been going on on the forum and here.... I would just like to say that as everyone has the right to their own opinion I would like to voice mine... I have given birth to a still born baby at 28 weeks and also had a miscarriage 2nd trimester... I honestly have to say that seeing the card by LB did not make me immediatly think that she was glorifying death or making fun of people what have lost... I thought it was a wonderus piece of art and applaud her for having the guts to do it!

    I miss my babies everyday but would never junp to the conclusion that someone was purposly being mean spirited because of art they make..for me to do so(in my opinion) means that i can't move on and celebrate the lives I was given to raise and love...which is what I do!!

    Good for you LB for showing us art that you love in hopes that we would too!!! MWAH

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job kids! Love love love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved each and every entry and Daring to be very,very different is what ART is all about. I love this site because as an artist I feel I can be objective and span my wings and feel that I can continue to grow and gain insignt and Smeared Ink!

    ReplyDelete