Friday, June 24, 2011

Clean and Simple…with Blood Splatter?

Greetings! Alison here. It’s no secret that I think Nicole Maki is a Goddess when it comes to her creativity. She’s amazing. So it’s no surprise that when I saw her “Clean and Simple Card Set,” I was inspired.  So I decided to give it a go with one of the Chicks from Smeared Ink’s Chicks Dig Guns set, along with some of the splatters from the Inky Dreams set (also Smeared Ink).

Truth be told, I think the size of my card is too big. But my smaller cards are too small. I will probably cut this one down (just a little off the top) so that the chick fits better.

But boy! What a mess she’s made! I hope she has some Clorox hidden somewhere…

I stamped her with StazOn and added no color or shading. I stamped the splatter with Scarlet from Color Box then embossed it with Ranger’s red powder for some sheen and dimension. Yum. I also added a bit of a shadow underneath the chick with my grey watercolor marker. But that’s about it. Fast, simple…and a bit gruesome.

Here you can see the embossing.  I wonder what pissed her off. But I sure hope she’s gotten over it now.

On that cheerful note, I bid you adieu. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

2 comments:

  1. Something surely pissed her off and since we are still here and not blood-splattered on the wall, it wasn't us! I might have to get the Chicks Dig Guns set - and how good do the splatters look? The red embossing is a great idea, well done Alison!

    ReplyDelete