Friday, May 20, 2011

Lunar Eclipse Page

As you all know (or should know), we had a full lunar eclipse on this past Winter Solstice, which is the first time that has happened in 372 years. Unfortunately with me being in one of the rainiest spots in the US, we had overcast skies that night at my house. But, my uncle came to the rescue and shared some awesome pics of the eclipse that he took.

Even though we didn't get to see much of it, we definitely felt the effects. Some say that the "crazy" comes out during the full moon, and I have personally witnessed first hand how some people just loose control the closer the moon gets to being full. It's especially evident in all the dumb decision making (including my biggest pet peeve: stupid drivers) that seem to plague some as the full moon rises each month.

Anyways, I decided to make a scrapbook page that honors the lunar eclipse and the "crazies" that come along with a full moon. This page features my uncle's pictures and the Crouching Wolf digi and Staring at the Moon sentiment from Smeared Ink's Part of The Pack digi set.

*click for larger pics


I am entering this page into Scraps of Darkness Darkest/Weirdest Layout Challenge of April/May. I think it's both dark and weird enough. What do you think? I hope you like it and that it gives you some inspiration for your own dark weirdness! Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

  1. Superb work, I so LOVE this page, you are very talented x

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC project! Love it TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE DARK WEIRDNESS! The textures and colors are excellent! I love they way you colored the she-wolf and I love the wolf staring through the busted page! Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete