Friday, May 13, 2011

Death and a Rainbow

Hmmm…perhaps I should have saved that title for something else, as it conjures up a lot of very interesting things… Maybe I’ll just make a 2.0 version. But enough of me babbling! Alison here. Today I am bringing you a card using Misty Benson’s Tarot Set 1: Death, only available from Smeared Ink.


I used some very cheery colors in only a couple of key areas of the image. Don’t these skellies look like they are having a great time? Do you see the teeny tiny ones falling in the rain? Click on any of the photos to get a bigger view.




I didn’t want the rest of the card to take away from this image, but I wanted to use more of those bright colors. So, rather then using papers, I broke out my Smeared Ink Urban Decay set and used the wood grain image. I stamped it all around the edge of my card with Versa Mark ink. Then, I colored the border in with my chalks. Hmmm…this would have been a great technique for yesterday’s blog hop, huh? I just haphazardly rubbed the colors on. Then I glued the Death image on. That’s it!




Easy as pie! Well…easy as store bought pie since pie from scratch, isn’t so easy to make as it turns out…. But once again, I am digressing. This is fabulous technique that has awesome results. And talk about fast! I made the border and had it colored in in about 3 minutes. What a time saver! Give it a try! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!




No comments:

Post a Comment