Saturday, February 26, 2011

Short and Sweet Saturday

Lady B here with Smeared Ink Saturday.  Today's post will be short as I have a ton of things to do today.  Here is a project I started last night using the "Morbidly Adorable Tarot" set 1 featuring artwork by Misty Benson.  You can purchase this set at the shop.  I used "The High Priestess" image from this set, stamped her with Memento Ink, colored her with Copic Markers, and put together a simple card using papers from Crafty Chaos Designs.  I accented this piece with Distress Stickles.


You may not realize it, but even we DT members do not create perfect projects.  I have flaws in my projects all the time, but most do not notice the flaws other than myself, of course.  I am not a great stamper and do not always get a clear image.  If you look closely at the project above you will see areas that did not stamp perfectly.  I am also VERY SLOPPY when it comes to coloring.  This is improving as I bought some awesome cardstock that dramatically reduces any bleed from my markers.  Check out "into the dark" on the forum for a little review on this product.  Why am I telling blog land that my projects aren't perfect?  Because NO project is ever perfect.  I encourage you to try to work with your mistakes and see what you end up with.  Your marker smeared?  Make that area a shadow or rub distress ink over your project for an intentional grungy effect.  Art supplies are too expensive to toss aside a little mishap.  Playing with our mistakes increases our skills as artists.  Most of my favorite projects derived from mistakes.  Let go of your idea of perfection and let the art flow.  Let the feeling of your piece take over.  You may really like what you end up with. 

Cheers!
~ Lady B ~


4 comments:

  1. Great post! I love that you discussed the mistakes we ALL make. I know I certainly do! And how inspiring that you suggest us to play those mistakes up. Rad job, your Priestess looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post and reminder. However, I absolutely LOVE this project. The coloring is fab, the variety of colors is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS honey!! and a FABULOUS post...such an awesome message to convey to all artists!!!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady B
    This is awesome love how you have discussed the mistakes we all make

    ReplyDelete